Coffee before Starbucks
Making coffee in a tin coffeepot (before the days of filters)
- Grind the coffee beans—the finer the grind, the stronger the coffee.
- Pour one coffee cup of water into the pot for each cup you want.
- Bring your water to a boil over medium heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coffee for each cup, adding more if you like it strong.
- Take the pot off the stove and let the coffee steep and the grounds settle.
- Carefully pour the coffee into a cup and not too many grounds will flow in with the coffee.